You are not connected. Please login or register

Ideas for the winter holidays portrait...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:10 am

mackie

Senior Officer
Senior Officer
After my much needed nap, I awoke with the urge to put some of our ideas for the winter holidays portrait into pictures. Very Happy

Captain Donut mentioned doing red and white with Santa hats and candy canes, so first up will be red and white options for 'female' (or female-identified, tyvm) clothing:

I will be adding shoes next, but wanted to get the main pieces out there.

Now here's where y'all come in - suggestions! Suggest some color combinations that you think would look good for the winter holidays portrait and I will put together another set. Tim is working on the male (or male-identified) version right now, as well. Once we have gathered enough color combinations, we can take a vote and see which ones everyone likes best.

View user profile

2 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:26 am

vampirate

Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Was thinking about doing green(go figure) for the males in the crew so we can bring in both colors. I picked up an outfit with the green striped shirt and pants which can be picked up for less than 750 PoE if you want to see just ask. We could go a bit more fancy and pick up aprons and loose pants. If we are going for the saucy look we could go pantaloons and ether the shirt with cape or vest with sash.

Last edited by vampirate on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

3 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 am

mackie

Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Forgot to add... we were considering crew colors (aqua and navy). The idea was to pair crew colors with a more 'icy' background, thus bringing out the winter part of the portrait. Very Happy

View user profile

4 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am

donutgrrl

Monarch
Monarch
I like the idea of the crew colors fer the 'icy' look; however, because of the cost of portraits, and the fact that we will probably only be able to afford to do one fer the season, I would rather go with the red/green theme (save those red duds and we can do an all red theme fer valentine's day!!) Come July, I would lke to have saved enough to get 2 portraits done - in crew colors, one fer the crew page, one fer the flag page (Captains of other crews in their crew colors if they have them). More on that when we get closer to July tho.

While yer gathering color combos, see what ye can get fer red/green combo fer everyone. I do like the idea of the females in one color and the males in another, I'd just like more options to check out.

PS - Fer the record, I like the males curled boots... gives them kind of an 'elf' look. Very Happy

Last edited by donutgrrl on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a PS)

Vampiratetim says, "I got a god on my butt"
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/donutgrrl.cobalt

5 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:08 pm

mackie

Senior Officer
Senior Officer
Here are some red and green options:

This is red and the light green. The regular green seems a bit dark, but I will get some gathered with the regular green after lunch. Everything is in a red with light green combo (I think, lol) with the exception of the bloomers. The red for the main see-through fabric looks pink instead of red, so I switched it to light green with red.

Perhaps we could do opposites? Men in green and red and women in red and green?

Edit: I knew I had some Christmas portraits somewhere! Here is my alt pirate in both the red and white and a mixture of red, white, and green.

http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/media/cerulean/portraits/e36/2932b354738ccfbc24e07591f337f.jpg

http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/media/cerulean/portraits/e90/e2f8dfb2377e4bc0985c68dbb4ac5.jpg

http://cerulean.puzzlepirates.com/media/cerulean/portraits/c16/bf429ca8448447c95b851e9bbfcc2.jpg

Last edited by mackie on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added red and green options)

View user profile

6 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm

donutgrrl

Monarch
Monarch
If I get a little time later, I'll play around with the quid pro clothes website or scene painter and grab some images of the clothes on the sprites, sometimes that makes a world of difference.

7 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:24 pm

mackie

Senior Officer
Senior Officer
I didn't even know a website like that existed. Shocked

Made up an outfit Very Happy:

Can't wait to see what you come up with. *bounces around excitedly*

Edit: One more outfit (couldn't resist, this is fun, lol).

Maybe something a little fancier:

Last edited by mackie on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added one more outfit)

View user profile

8 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 pm

donutgrrl

Monarch
Monarch
OK... after much playing around with different combos, I've decided I really do like the Light Green more than the Green. Came up with a bunch of stuff, both with females in red/males in green and everyone in red/green. I left the Santa hats off because fer some reason they don't sit right on the head on the Quid Pro Clothes website.

I staggered the males and females to kind of get an idea of how it all looks together. Let me know what ye think!

Edit: FYI, on the red/green fer everyone, the female primary color be Red, the male Light Green

9 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:21 pm

mackie

Senior Officer
Senior Officer
I really, really, REALLY (yes, REALLY Laughing) like the kilt one in the male outfits. It just has such a festive look to it. I also like the one with the jacket that has the crisscrossing action going on - kind of looks like a toy soldier. Preference for that one would be in the green and red.

For female outfit, I think I like the look of the wrap skirt the best. I like the jacket looks and the corset looks best. Maybe some of us could do the corset and some the jackets?

I definitely think the light green works best in these. The regular green is just too dark and doesn't seem 'festive' enough, so to speak.

View user profile

10 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 pm

donutgrrl

Monarch
Monarch
LOL, I had Tim in mind when i did the kilt, and I must say it's one of me favs of the bunch. I'm not sure I'd want everyone in the same outfit, just the same colors. I do like the look of the frilled shirt ye had done, but personally I'm not a big fan of skirts and dresses (rl or on me pirate lol). The common theme would be the color and Santa hats. Possibly a holdable trinket...

Either way tho, I love the ideas!

11 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 pm

donutgrrl

Monarch
Monarch
Hats, hats, and more hats....

I was taking a look at the holiday hats on the YPPedia and was entertaining the thought of the possibility of more than just Santa hats.

Every man fer himself... choose yer own hat (keeping in line with the color scheme).

Hats according to rank... much like the hats on the crew list, but fer the holidays.

Elf hats on helpers... any volunteer to be an Elf during the party wears the Elf hat in the portrait (if not during the portrait, then maybe during the party)

Beards fer the men!!... Bearded Santa hats on all the guys.

Or the original plan... all Santa hats, red fer female, light green fer males.

Let me know what ye think of these ideas. (Reserves the right to wear antlers no matter what the decision may be lol)

12 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:18 pm

lworth02

Officer
Officer
Antlers for all! Day glo elf hats for Party Helper Elves! PoE from the sky to finance it all!

View user profile

13 Re: Ideas for the winter holidays portrait... on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:07 pm

donutgrrl

Monarch
Monarch
lworth02 wrote:Day glo elf hats for Party Helper Elves!

Sooo... Lemon/Lime hats fer Elves? lol

PoE from the sky to finance it all!

I would like to find this PoE fountain!! Heck, I'm sure we could all use some PoE from the sky!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum